WIN A DAY'S FIRE COOKING AT HUNTER GATHERER COOK WORTH £300
We have 2 single tickets worth £300 each to a special day of fire cooking with Hunter Gather Cook
Saturday, 12th August 2017 - 10am-9pm
at the HGC Treehouse HQ near Lewes in Sussex, UK
POST a short video ON INSTAGRAM TELLING US why you should win one of TWO PRIZE places on the course, AND INCLUDE the hashtag #loveoxfordcharcoal
This fire-fuelled meaty one-off special event will be hosted by the mighty DJBBQ and the Hunter Gather Cook Crew at the HGC Treehouse HQ in Sussex… with a special guest appearance from our very own wizard of Oxford Charcoal, Matt Williams.
The day is completely focused on all types of fire cookery from the archaic to the modern. We will be cooking dirty, hoisting up asadors & spits, firing up Webers, grilling on Kadais and going low & slow in the Lang. Expect plenty of meaty treats, lashings of incredible knowledge from the masters in their respective fields, cooking in the woods and sharing a few beverages with some good people in an awesome location.
FOR MORE DETAILS ON THE DAY, VISIT: http://huntergathercook.com/courses/dj-bbq-vs-hgc/
The day features four Masterclasses:
Masterclass No.1: The origins of fire from the HGC Crew, so you guys will be learning how to make fire from scratch using fire by friction techniques and firesteels.
Masterclass No.2 of the day hosted by Mr Oxford Charcoal himself- Matt Williams. Understanding charcoal, how its made and the difference in species and flavour.
Lunch will be a full on feast of all sorts of different cuts cooked in a variety of different methods on different bits of kit used by both HGC and DJBBQ.
Masterclass No.3 will be hosted by DJBBQ and T-Bone Chops. Learn how to master the Weber and how to set up your BBQ for quick fire grills, smoking and signature rubs.
Masterclass No.4 will be hosted by Nick Weston, Founder of Hunter Gather Cook, and Dave Fennings. Here you will learn about the foraged ingredients we use and getting a grasp of venison. We will also cover the basics of cooking dirty and how to construct your own clay oven at home.
The rest of the day will be spent putting together our feast and putting the practical skills you’ve learnt throughout your time with us into action.
You will leave with a punchy little goody bag from us all including: a Mora knife, Firesteel, DJBBQ Trucker cap, signed DJBBQ book, a 5kg Bag of our own signature blend of Oxford Charcaol, Maldon pocket salt tabs and your own custom rub.
A one-off pilgrimage of meat and fire in the middle of the woods.
Please note…the prize is DEFINITELY not suitable for vegetarians!
Competition Rules, Terms, Conditions and usual small print:
- Over 18s only.
- One entry per household only.
- UK entrants only.
- Entry closes midnight 31st July 2017.
- Winner will be picked on August 1st 2017 - winners will be notified by midnight 2nd August.
- Transport is not included in the prize. Travel to and from HGC Treehouse HQ in Sussex is at your own expense.
- All entries are eligible only via Instagram using the hashtag #loveoxfordcharcoal
- Prize is for ONE ticket each for the TWO best videos
- No Cash Value or alternative prize is offered.
- The ticket is non-transferable.
- If either of the winners can’t take up the prize on 12th August 2017, it will be offered to 3rd or 4th place.
- All entrants must follow @oxfordcharcoal so we can contact you if you win.
- Videos are subject to a complete release of Instagram by each entrant or participant.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram.
- TOCC’s decision on the winners is final and no correspondence will be entered into at the end of the competition.